02 March 2015 :: Bill Gates has been declared the richest man in the world for the 16th time by Forbes magazine’s annual ranking of global billionaires.
The Microsoft founder once again beat Mexican businessman Carlos Slim to the top spot.
William Henry “Bill” Gates III (born October 28, 1955) is an American business magnate, philanthropist, investor, computer programmer, and inventor.Gates originally established his reputation as the co-founder of Microsoft, the world’s largest PC software company, with Paul Allen. During his career at Microsoft, Gates held the positions of chairman, CEO and chief software architect, and was also the largest individual shareholder until May 2014. He has also authored and co-authored several books.
Forbes 2015 ranking of richest people:
1. Bill Gates $79.2bn (Microsoft)
2. Carlos Slim Helu $77.1bn (Phones and construction in Mexico)
3. Warren Buffett $72.7bn (Global investor)
4. Amancio Ortega $64.5bn (Zara and other fashion chains)
5. Larry Ellison $54.3bn (Oracle data storage technology)
6. Charles Koch $42.9bn (Industrialist)
7. David Koch $42.9bn (Industrialist)
8. Christy Walton $41.7bn (Walmart retail giant)
9. Jim Walton $40.6bn (Walmart retail giant)
10. Liliane Bettencourt $40.1bn (L’Oreal cosmetics firm)