Ranchi, Jharkhamd 16 February 2014 :: SANKALP was a case study competition organized by Samarpan, the social responsibility club of IIM Ranchi. Sankalpis an attempt to understand and explore various avenues in CSR for Corporates, Government and Academic Institutions. Teams will be addressing real time problems faced by institutions in the field of Agriculture, Education and Female re-habilitation. More than 225 Teams from various B-schools from all over India participated in this event. Eleven top teams were shortlisted to present their solutions at IIM Ranchi. The event was judged by Vivek Kumar (Chief Human Resources Officer at Indus Towers Limited), Dhirendra Kumar (IFS, Managing Director Jharkraft) and ArpitaSutradhar (Trainer and Program Coordinator at Indian Institute of Management Ranchi).
1st prize was grabbed by team Spark from SIMS, Pune. They presented solutions for Hamid Hassan High School (HHHS), Brambe.
– Creation of women self-help groups
– Mobile marketing to create awareness
– Launching a campaign called ‘Reach Recall and React’for rural health awareness
– Self-help groups to spread awareness about their right to avail facilities authorized by the Government
1st Runner up – team HRUday from SIBM, Bhuvneshwar chose to present solution for the case study on ‘North Dum Dum Education Welfare society, Kolkata’. Recommendations by them were:
– Creation of a revenue model which would be used to fund a ‘Self Sustaining Integrated Development Programme’.
– Phase-wise implementation of revenue model
– Vocational training – handicraft, soap-making, handloom training
2nd Runner up – team Tatvafrom Teri University, Delhi also chose to present solutions for ‘North Dum Dum Education welfare society, Kolkata’.
– Tie-up with Educomp for interactive learning options for students and teachers
– Scholarship programs for students.
– Contemporary courses trainings such as Beautician Certificate Program,Computer Literacy Program, Cooking classes and Leadership/ Entrepreneurship Training.
– Creation of brand ‘MAATI’ to sell hand-painted clothes
– Collaboration with Aakar Innovations to set up Sanitary Napkins manufacturing units.