* Under the leadership of the Hon’ble Chief Minister, Jharkhand will move towards Clean Energy.
* In the next five years, Jharkhand aims to achieve a capacity of 4000 MW of solar power
* Along with the launch of the Solar Energy Policy 2022 and the web portal for the Kisan Solar Water Pump Set Scheme, Hon’ble Chief Minister will virtually lay the foundation stone for the a 600 KW capacity solar plant at the Dhanbad and Dumka airport and grid connected rooftop power plant for the domestic consumers under the Giridih Solar City Scheme.
* The Government is taking important steps to imbibe prosperity amongst the farmers as well as to illuminate the state.
* Jharkhand ranks 5th across the nation in installing solar pump sets
* The state will become self-sufficient in solar energy after the launch of the Solar Energy Policy 2022,
* Giridih to be recognised as a Solar city
Ranchi, Jharkhand | July | 04, 2022 ::
Under the visionary leadership of the Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri Hemant Soren, the Solar Energy Policy 2022 is being implemented with the sole aim of making a transition towards clean energy. Under this policy, generation of 4000 MW of solar energy is scheduled from the financial year 2022-2023 to 2026-27. A detailed and well delineated policy has been rolled out in the pursuit of development of solar energy in the state through several schemes like Solar Park, Canal Top Solar, Floating Solar etc. In a very integrated manner the government has set a target of installing about 4000 MW of solar power in the state in the next 5 years. Under the ambit of this policy a target of installation of about 3000 MW on utility scale, 720 MW under the distributed solar and 280 MW under off-grid solar plants has been fixed.
*Government aims for an influx of investors
With the advent of the new policy provisions have been made to encourage private investors by conceptualising a single window system, payment security mechanisms, land arrangements through land banks. Under the policy steps such as a dedicated solar power cell, statutory approval within a maximum of 60 days, setting up of 1000 solar villages, schemes to encourage economically backward villagers, and cross subsidy will be implemented to encourage the adoption of solar energy. Further, a proposal has been made for exemption from third party and captive use, indexation up to 25 years at the rate of 1% and for exemption in the electricity bill. The policy also guarantees 100% exemption of State Goods and Services Tax for the next 5 years. Constitution of two high-level committees will be done for the monitoring
of the work to be done as per the set targets.
*Jharkhand takes lead in pump set distribution, ranks 5th across the nation
Under the instructions of the Hon’ble Chief Minister, a milestone step is being taken to provide alternative means of irrigation to ease the issues faced by the farmers of the state. A web portal will be inaugurated under the Kisan Solar Water Pumpset Scheme which will simplify the process of distribution and installation of solar pumps for farmers. The portal will also aid in providing for the maintenance of the pumps for the next 5 years. These processes will be made transparent through efficient and regular data collection, its analysis and online monitoring. Further, the farmers will be able to track the status of their online application for the solar pump sets. It should be noted that 96 percent subsidy is being provided to the farmers for off-grid pump sets. So far, in the first phase 6717 solar pump sets have been installed in the entire state, out of which 6500 solar pump sets have been installed across the state from 2020 to 2022. Jharkhand ranks 5th across the entire country in installing solar pump sets. In the second phase, the state government has an ambitious target of installing 10,000 solar pumpsets.