Democracies perform better when more people vote. After increasing for many decades, there has been a trend of decreasing voter turnout in most established democracies since the 1980s.
There are philosophical, moral, and practical reasons that some people cite for not voting in electoral politics.
Here are few reasons which may be the reason behind low voter turnout.
* Names missing from voters list.
* Weather conditions
* Personal work.
* Voting system is quite cumbersome.
* Time consuming.
* Lack of faith in political parties.
* Lost faith in system.
* Confusion between the political parties.
* Non interest in Politics.
* Voters think one’s vote wont make any difference.
* Belief in the efficacy of voting.
* If there are many elections in close succession, voter turnout will decrease as the public tires of participating