Ranchi, Jharkhand | April | Thursday | 07, 2016 :: The 55th Annual Convocation held on 7th April at 2016 marked the culmination of two years of extensive hard work and an eventful and exciting journey for the students of 2014-2016 batch of Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS), Ranchi.
The Chief Guest for the day was Smt. Droupadi Murmu [ Governor of Jharkhand ], The Guest of Honour was Mrs. Rita Chatterjee [ National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions, Government of India ]. After the solemn procession of the Graduating students and the donning of the Convocation gowns by the dignitaries, the Annual Report was presented by Rev. Fr. Alex Ekka S.J, Director ,XISS where he highlighted the Institute’s performance and achievements of the students while throwing light on the Placements this year. He urged the graduating students to work for the growth and development of the people and to make their place in the World as ‘Professionals with a Difference’’.
The Chief Guest, Smt. Droupadi Murmu in her address to the Graduating students, congratulated them on successfully undergoing their rites of passage to step out as the managers of the future and to battle it out in the real world.
On this occasion, AXIS 2016, the annual report of XISS was also released by the Chief Guest and other dignitaries. After the award of diplomas to the Graduating students, Gold medals to the toppers of the five departments and distinguished awards to other exceptional performers were given. The outgoing students took the pledge to uphold the values of the Institution and strive to serve the community.
The Guest of honour in her speech acknowledged the fact that XISS was one of the few institutions that worked for the upliftment of the masses.
Dr. Fr. Ranjit P.Toppo, S.J, Assistant Director, proposed the vote of thanks and the convocation closed with the rendition of the National Anthem followed by refreshments for the gathering
And so as the day concluded we saw a batch stepping with new desires and dreams to a world of opportunities bagging with themselves memories and values to be cherished..!
List of Medals and Awards to the passing Batch 2014-2016
- A Gold Medal was awarded to Ladli Kumari, the first rank holder of HRM department constituted by The National Institute of Personal Management Department, Ranchi Branch.
- Silver and Bronze medal were won by Mayuresh Kumar and Smriti Singh for occupying Second and Third Rank respectively, (HRM) Dept. ,as constituted by the institute.
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) awarded a Gold Medal to Ladli Kumari, the first rank holder (HRM) among General Category Students.
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) awarded a Gold Medal to Sonam Vandana Dundung, the first rank holder (HRM) among ST/SC Category Students.
- The Headquarters of National Institute of Personal Management, Kolkata awarded a Silver Medal to Smriti Singh for securing highest marks in Personal Management papers.
- A Silver Medal was awarded to Kumar Saurav for being the best Social Worker among the PG course students
- Unni Krishnan Book Grant of Rs.5000 was given to Satya for her scores in Communication papers in HRM.
- The Best Communication Cash Award of Rs.10000 was awarded to Ankita Mishra in the memory of late Arunava Ray, an Alumini of XISS.
- The CCL (Central Coalfield Limited) awarded a Gold Medal to Neha 50Kumari, for being the best performer in two years under Rural Management Dept.
- One Silver and Bronze medal constituted by the institute was given to Ankita Choudhury and Ms. Manaswita Varma respectively for occupying Second and Third Rank in RM department.
- NTPC constituted Gold Medal was awarded to Gali Kavita Yadaiah for occupying the First Rank under ST/SC category, RM Dept.
- The CASA constituted Gold Medal was awarded to Aakanchha , as the outgoing best performer of RM Dept.
- A SODA sponsored Silver Medal was awarded to Pintu Prasad, for being the best performer in Rural Field Work.
- XISS instituted Gold Medal was awarded to Gitika Srivastava, for occupying the First Rank in Information Technology Dept.
- Verma Press Pvt. Awarded a Silver and Bronze medal to Rituparna Nanda and Ms. Ansika Khetan for occupying Second and Third rank respectively, in the Information Technology Department.
- XISS constituted Gold medal was awarded to Anumita Dash, for occupying the First position in the Marketing Department.
- XISS constituted Silver and Bronze medal was awarded to Swati Singh and Manjesh Chakrapani for occupying the Second and Third rank respectively, from Marketing Department.
- XISS constituted Gold medal was awarded to Sneha Sah, for occupying the First position in the Finance Department.
- XISS constituted Silver and Bronze medal was awarded to Nimmy Rose Jacob and Ms. Arshpreet Kaur for occupying the second and third rank respectively, from Finance Department
- Michael Van den Boggart, SJ Memorial Distinguished Alumnus Award was won by Mr. Amit Burman, Dy. Manager, International Business, Raymond Limited for being the Young Achiever.
- XISS Maruti Suzuki – Late Mr. Awanish Kumar Dev Memorial Scholarship to Sukrati Srivastava, Ms. Priyanka Bhengra and Ms. Yukti Verma from HRM 2015-17
For the Graduating Batch 2014-2016
|Human Resource Management||75|